Here are ten ideas to help you make Mother’s Day special for your customers.
1) Feature your mother, or other moms, in an ad campaign for your business.
2) Make Mother’s Day the theme for your May advertising strategy.
3) Offer moms a discount for items purchased on May 14th.
4) Conduct a photo contest and ask families to share a picture of their mom using a specific hashtag. Share those pictures with your followers.
5) If your business caters to families, ask children to write a poem about their mom to share in the store. Don’t focus on which poem is the best, instead offer each entrant a coupon.
6) If you run a restaurant, offer a special Mother’s Day inspired meal.
7) Send an email marketing message to customers that offers a special Mother’s Day promotion.
8) Hold a promotion that celebrates mom for a whole week, not just one day.
9) Before you promote any announcement of coupons or special deals, make sure you thank mothers for their hard work and dedication to their family.
10) Throw a party in your store for moms! Offer food, beverages, and entertainment for mothers who are going to spend their day out on the town.
Holidays like Mother’s Day are a great opportunity for you to engage with customers on a personal level. By reaching out and celebrating members of your community, your business becomes a trusted destination for shoppers.
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, sending facts, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.