As a successful small business owner, you are considered to be a leader in the community. Your customers trust your knowledge and judgement and at times look toward you to set the standard. Involving your business in cause marketing is a great way to show consumers that you are engaged in making your community a better place. Here are 14 reasons why your business should take part in cause marketing.
- If a business is supporting a charity, 79% of shoppers will donate to it.
- 82% of consumers think it’s appropriate for a business to support a cause.
- 95% of moms approve of a business that supports a cause.
- 92% of moms will buy a product to support a cause.
- 91% of local consumers believe that local businesses should support local charities.
- If two brands have a similar product at a similar price, 53% of customers will select the business who is socially aware and active.
- 57% of people said they would want to work for a brand that supports a good cause.
- 83% of consumers between the ages of 13-25 will trust a socially or environmentally conscious company.
- 42% of shoppers will pay extra if they knew a business is active in different causes.
- 64% shoppers say giving money isn’t enough, they want a business to be invested in the cause.
- 45% of people said they would want to invest in a brand that supports a good cause over one that doesn’t.
- 88% of customers want your business to tell them about your charitable acts on your packaging and labels.
- 52% of shopperscheck labels to see if the store is committed to social and environmental change.
- 43% of millennials are more likely to donate through a business than give to the charity directly.
Your business is more than just a store that offers solutions to consumers, it’s a part of the neighborhood. Your customers want to see your business take action. They want your business to do things like host bake sales, or sponsor youth athletics, or be a part of a local chapter of a global charity. Supporting a cause will be one of the reasons your community will continue to turn to you.
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at email@example.com.