Bringing your business to expos and events can help build exposure for your brand and introduce you to new customers. However, each event is different, and you need to create a plan for specific shows. If you’re unaware of the tone of a certain expo, you may not be able to connect with the target demographic. Selecting events that are designed to create energy and build consumer engagement helps boost the opportunity your business has to build a relationship.
Look for events that focus on getting people active. They create a palpable excitement in the air that you can use to direct customers toward your booth. Your business should be prepared to connect with customers who are looking for certain types of knowledge, and provide them with resources that will help cultivate trust. Use the event’s own natural buzz to help build that connection.
Here are five things your business can do to help spark interest.
- Have appropriate giveaways. If people are going to be active, have water bottles or towels accessible for them. If it’s going to be outdoors, have sunscreen available to pass out to guests. Be creative when finding ways to brand your business within the event.
- Discover what exhibits, presenters, and demonstrations are near your booth. Learn the schedules and know what the guests just experienced. Be prepared to catch people on the way and leaving these showcases and engage with them.
- Know where you business fits in the with the theme of the day. Focus on offering the products, knowledge and services that best complement the event.
- Be energetic. The guests attending expect to feel invigorated, so your booth and display need to match or exceed the level of energy they feel. Give them a reason to talk and connect with your team.
- Network with other business owners. This is a great time for you to find other local businesses and see if you can work together in the future. Maybe you have a product they can offer in their store. Perhaps they have a tool you can use in a service you offer.
On Saturday, September 17th, Wicked Local will host our first annual Health & Fitness Festival at Gillette Stadium’s Cross Insurance Pavilion. The event, which will take place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. will promote healthy living, nutritional eating, exciting new exercise programs, demonstrations, celebrity guests and much more. Admission is free and open to families of any size and age, providing your business with large variety of potential customers.
Whether it’s the Wicked Local Health & Fitness Festival, or another event, you want to create the best possible environment for your information booth to be as successful as possible. Prepare your staff for the theme of the day and have them prepare answers that will help build a strong bond with the customer. This will help your business be the star of any event you participate in.
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.