With 400 million daily active users and 95 million photos and videos shared every day, Instagram has become a popular medium for businesses to promote their products, services, and brand. Advertising on Instagram can help your business engage with new customers, build a larger fan base, or even direct people to your physical store. Instagram can be a great tool to help your brand engage with consumers.
Here’s a visual guide to help walk you through advertising on Instagram.
1) Make sure your Instagram account has activated the business tools functionality.
2) Visit your “Insights” page. From here you’ll be able to see how many impressions each post has received, create an “Instagram Story,” and begin a marketing campaign.
3) Select the photo you want to use for your promotion. It could be a picture from your store or of your team, a video you want to share, an Instagram story, or share something that has a message included as a part of the image.
4) Select the type of promotion you would like to run. Do you want to direct people to your website? Do you want to encourage people to call your business? Are you looking for more customers in your area?
5) Each promotion asks how much you would like to spend and how long you want to run your marketing campaign, but each one offers different buttons for you include with the promotion. These “action buttons” are how customers are directed to contact you.
While these promotions look to boost your popularity, Instagram knows that your business wants more than just more followers. You are looking for customers that will be engaged with your brand. Placing yourself in their Instagram feed allows you to introduce your business, and offers them a way to engage with you instantly.
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, sending facts, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at email@example.com.