Voting for the 2018 Readers Choice Awards begins today! During the next four weeks, there are a variety of ways you can encourage customers to vote for your business. While consumers can only vote for your business once, they can help rally others to vote for you as well. Here are some strategies you can use to inspire customers to vote for your business to win a Readers Choice Award.
- Have digital devices readily available at your place of business to make it easy for shoppers to vote.
- Reach out to customers that you have a relationship with and ask them to spread the word with friends and on social media.
- Run social media contests that ask people to link to the online ballot and tag your business. Set goals and let customers know that with each goal they reach, a new promotion will be unlocked.
- Create email newsletters to send to your customer list. Direct them to a web page that offers a coupon and a link to the Readers Choice Awards. Encourage them to share the email with friends and family.
- Generate a QR code (a barcode that smartphones and tablets can read) that will lead customers to the Readers Choice online ballot. You’ll be able to use the code in print advertisements, receipts, and flyers.
- And there’s always the old fashioned sign in your store encouraging customers to vote!
It’s likely many of your customers want to vote for you and show support for your business. They just need a reminder as to how and where they can do that. With these strategies, and maybe even a little advertising, you can make your business top-of-mind as they fill out their ballot this year.
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at email@example.com.