The content you produce for your website plays an important role in attracting and retaining customers. It defines your business, as well as the products and services you offer consumers
Understanding your target customer is key in developing meaningful website content. Every individual consumer is different, but think of the demographics your ideal customer represents. Ask yourself these questions when you develop a content strategy:
- What do your customers look for?
- Do they have the time to read a lot of information?
- Would it be easier to show rather than tell?
- Do they need to see hard numbers to make decisions?
- Would telling a story connect with them?
Once you’ve thought about the type of information your consumers will want, find the best way to deliver that content to them. You could use any of the following:
- Text - Write a blog post or product description.
- Images - Create a slideshow or a photo essay.
- Infographics - Use images to tell a story or to showcase data.
- Video - Film video introductions, walk-throughs, Q&A’s, and utilize video streams.
- Polls - Engage users by offering interactive polls to see what consumers want.
Your website should introduce your business as a solution for your visitors problems. By creating content that is informative and easy to engage with, potential customers will turn to you as a trusted resource for the products and services they rely on.