Spring is known (figuratively) as the season for rebirth and for your business, this is also an excellent time for you to freshen up your marketing plan. Here are some suggestions to help you develop spring promotions for your business:
- Sponsor an Instagram contest. Ask followers to take photos of their favorite sign of Spring and tag the image with a specific hashtag.
- Use social media to hold a spring trivia quiz. Every day, the users who had the winning answers are selected at random to win a prize.
- Use an email campaign to sponsor a scavenger hunt. Ask followers to take photos of objects around the community to complete the quest.
- Partner with other local businesses and hold a community bingo. Create bingo cards that have actions on it instead of numbers. Possible tasks could include:
- Shop for flowers.
- Buy a cup of coffee.
- Spend four dollars in the bookstore. When they complete their card, their name is entered into a raffle to win a grand prize.
Consumers are going to be looking for reasons to escape the cabin fever that has kept them indoors all winter. Develop a marketing strategy that will encourage them to engage with their community. Use the content they share with you as the spark to get others involved too.
In your quest to create engaging content, don’t just rely on your products and services to connect with consumers. If your city or town is known for a spring festival, use that as an engagement device. Use the environment around you. Consumers want to see that your business is a part of the community, not just a storefront in it.