During the last few months of the year, your customers start to get into a festive mood. Celebrations offer a unique opportunity for your business to engage with consumers. By using social media you can create a strong relationship with customers.
Here are some ways your business can use social media this season.
- If your business is hosting or appearing at an event, start an event page and promote it to your audience. Consider investing in a Facebook ad campaign that allows you to target a region and/or demographic.
- Share exclusive deals.
- Ask people to share their favorite spooky stories.
- Post and share Thanksgiving recipes.
- Create a community where people can ask questions.
- Work with other local businesses and tag each other in posts to connect with a new audience.
- Start a hashtag campaign for your business.
- Post real-time store updates.
- Create polls to see what consumers are interested in purchasing.
- Have Twitter only promotions.
- Encourage customers to share videos and photos of their holiday celebrations.
- Start a photo or video contest using a hashtag campaign.
- Have consumers share the steps to make their holiday dish.
These are just some ideas your business can use to create engagement on social media. Be creative and come up with some ideas of your own. Share your successful social media experiments with us!
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.