The Readers Choice Awards are about to begin! For 23 years, they have given consumers a way to vote for their favorite community businesses.
The 2018 voting period begins the week of January 14th and will remain open through February 11th. The 2018 Readers Choice Awards will continue the tradition of celebrating the best neighborhood businesses and services in eastern Massachusetts. Hundreds of thousands of votes are cast each year as consumers show support for their favorite local stores, restaurants, and professionals. Winning a Readers Choice award exhibits the support you have from your current customers, and helps your business gain the trust of future customers.
Make sure you’re promoting your business to customers during this voting period. Wicked Local offers both print and digital advertising opportunities that can help your business attract the attention of voters. The winners will be published in late June.
There are also ways you can help drive votes for your business on your own. While the polls are open, use this time to remind customers that voting is open and ask for their help in supporting your business.
Here are some things you can do to help drive voting:
- Remind customers at the point-of-sale about the awards.
- If you’ve won in previous years, display the winning certificate.
- If they don’t receive the weekly paper that contains the printed ballot, direct them to www.wickedlocalfavorites.com where they can place their vote online.
- Start a social media campaign to help raise votes for your business
- Send emails to customers that encourage them to visit the site and vote for your business.
Winning a Readers Choice Award shows people that your business has earned the trust of your customers and the community. Get excited about the 2018 Readers Choice Awards and start planning your strategy today!
Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at email@example.com.