Search engines are most likely the way new customers will find your business. The higher your business appears as a search engine result, the higher the probability it will be clicked on. Here are eight ways you can strengthen your website’s search engine optimization (SEO).
1) Use keywords that represent your business. Include them in your content strategy by placing them in new and evergreen content. Include the keywords in image captions and also as the image file name.
2) Make sure each of your webpage’s title tags are filled out with the name of your business and related keywords.
3) Include your business’s location on each page. Search engines are focusing on localizing searches, so provide them opportunities to locate your business.
4) Websites that load quickly are rewarded by search engines. Customers also respond strongly to websites that operate with little or no lag time.
5) Create a website that persuades visitors not to leave. Have interactive features and content that engage with guests, increasing the time they stay on your site. Search engines reward websites that demonstrate visitors trust them and their information.
6) Keep content updated on your pages. New content gives search engines new information to search and index, providing them proof that your site is well maintained.
7) A majority of search engine queries are taking place while people are on their smartphone. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices.
8) Search engines reward websites that have an easy to follow navigation, so keep navigation between your website pages simple and straightforward
Updating your website’s meta data and content will create a better opportunity for search engines to find and index your site easily. Follow these SEO tips and help your business get found more easily online.