Blog

Using Bundled Advertising to Connect with an Entire Audience

Posted by Nick Pizzolato on Tue, Jan 10, 2017 @ 11:46 AM

Using Bundled Advertising to Connect with an Entire Audience | Wicked Local Media Solutions

As a business owner, there are many different options for you to explore when looking to prepare a marketing strategy. Thanks to the internet and digital content, you can now broadcast your message to a larger and more diverse audience. But, that doesn’t mean you should ignore print media and their digital properties, because a new study shows that their audience is still strong and values content across multiple platforms.

In December of last year, Nielsen released a new study that revealed nearly 170 million Americans read a newspaper, in all formats, at least once a month. It showed that Americans still participate in reading the news no matter their age or preferred resource.

Of those 170 million readers, 81% looked at a newspaper at least once a month, but only 51% of those read only the print publication. The other 49% read the news through digital devices. However, 39% of people read the news both online and in print.

As you might expect, when you look at the ages of those who like print and digital, the baby boomer generation were more likely to be the print only readers. However, a whopping 67% of readers under the age of 49 get their news online.

While it may seem that these audiences couldn’t be more different on how they consume the news, the reality is, they are still reading the same content. By investing your marketing budget in both print and digital marketing, you are bundling your advertising.

When you diversify your advertising, your ad can capture both younger and older demographics with the same message. Your marketing strategy is introduced in either format and is reinforced every time a reader is exposed to it, no matter the platform. By using a combination of print and digital advertising, and taking advantage of bundled pricing programs, you aren’t focusing on just one audience, you are connecting with the entire audience.

Learn More About Our Multimedia Programs

Nick Pizzolato is the Marketing Content Manager at Wicked Local Media Solutions. For questions, topics for future blogs, or to share your favorite moment from the film “Back to the Future,” email him at npizzolato@wickedlocal.com.

Related Posts:

Getting Your Business Ready for the Readers Choice Awards

4 Steps to Getting Your Business in Shape

Five Marketing Trends for 2017

 

Tags: Small Business, Wicked Local, Customer Engagement